The courses within The Rock University are designed to disciple Christians by presenting college-level curriculum in a condensed time frame and content format. The courses are designed to maximize learning of the subject matter being studied with challenges to grow even deeper. The mission of Rock University is to equip men and women in mind and character to impact the world for the Lord Jesus Christ.
Every course will have mentors/tutors available for assistance in understanding, clarification of challenging concepts and discussion.
All courses may be taken for audit or for credit towards The Rock University Certificate, to be presented at the completion of the required coursework comprised of six classes plus one elective. If courses are taken for credit, grading will be based on the following:
- Attendance (You may miss 2 Sunday classes before makeup is required. Summer courses will only allow for one absence before makeup is required).
- Reading of required resources with a reading record filled out and signed upon course completion.
- Two-page paper at the end of the course describing what you have learned (due one week after course completes).
Rock University is comprised of seven core courses. All seven core classes plus one elective (stay tuned for elective offerings) must be satisfactorily completed in order to earn certificate of completion.
1. Theology 101 (Prerequisite for Theology 201, Apologetics & Tactics)
2. Theology 201
3. The Story of God Part 1
4. The Story of God Part 2
6. Spiritual Formation
• Students taking for credit will pay a class fee, which includes textbook and notebook.
Fee will be between $15 and $30 per class, depending on cost of textbook.
• Students taking for audit will pay for notebooks and are strongly recommended to purchase textbooks. The cost of these materials will be between $5 and $30, depending on the cost of the textbook.
Rock University is program offered by The Rock in Littleton, Colorado. Upon completion of the required coursework (taken for credit) students will receive a “Certificate” from The Rock and a certificate entitling the ‘graduate’ to take a class at The Gordon Lewis Center for Christian Thought and Culture for free.
Any student desiring to learn how to accurately study and interpret the Bible may contact the Dean of Students for a printed or emailed copy of the basic methods and steps involved in scholarly biblical interpretation, taught in many universities, seminaries, and Bible colleges. Please utilize this free resource!
Mike Andrews – Dean of Rock U
Phone: (303) 936-1712 ext. 117
Daniel R. Gose – Dean of Students
Bob Lewis – Course Adjunct Professor
Dr. Frank Daugherity – Course Adjunct Professor
Tim Price – Course Adjunct Professor
What People are Saying About Rock U
“I am so glad I signed up for this course. The content expanded my foundational beliefs in a way that not only allows me to dig a little deeper, but also explain my beliefs better to others.”
“The section on Historical Jesus really made me look at the Bible differently. Growing up I never thought about the Bible as a historical document. I know it is God’s word, and I believe what is in it, however in my mind I had separated it from history.”
“I believe I am armed now with a new perspective and better answers to just a few of the hard questions.”
“During the length of time I have been enrolled in Rock University classes, I have told everyone and anyone that will listen to me about the program.”