Rock University is for those who wish to dig a bit deeper into the scriptures. The courses within Rock University are designed to help Christians grow by presenting a more technical curriculum in a condensed time frame and content format. The courses are designed to maximize learning of the subject matter being studied with challenges to grow even deeper. The mission of Rock University is to equip men and women in mind and character to impact the world for the Lord Jesus Christ.
Every course is taught by men and women with a deep knowledge of the Bible and a passionate commitment to Christ.
All courses may be taken for audit or for credit. If courses are taken for credit, grading will be based on the following:
- Attendance (You may miss 2 Sunday classes before makeup is required. Summer courses will only allow for one absence before makeup is required).
- Reading of required resources with a reading record filled out and signed upon course completion.
- Two-page paper at the end of the course describing what you have learned (due one week after course completes).
Learning to Think, Act and Be like Jesus
Sundays, June 4 – August 27
9:00 – 10:15am
In order to disciple well, we need to be more like Jesus. This is a special summer class hosted by Rock University to help equip you to grow in your faith and lead others to grow in theirs.
No sign-up required
Rock University is comprised of seven core courses. All seven core classes plus one elective (stay tuned for elective offerings) must be satisfactorily completed in order to earn certificate of completion.
1. Leaning Into God: Session 1 & 2
2. Leaning Into God: Session 3 & 4
3. The Story of God Part 1
4. The Story of God Part 2
5. Apologetics (it is helpful to have completed both Leaning Into God classes)
6. Spiritual Formation
7. Tactics (must have completed Apologetics)
Leaning Into God: Session 3 & 4
Leaning Into God session 3 covers the topics of angels, the Bible, and why God allows evil.
Session 4 covers the relevancy of Jesus for our lives, what it means to be saved, and what the Bible says about future events.
While we encourage you to take sessions 1 & 2, they are not required to participate in these sessions. Each three-week class is designed as a stand-alone session.
Sundays, February 11, 18 & 25
Sundays, March 11, 18 & 25
• Students taking for credit will pay a class fee, which includes textbook and notebook. Fee will be between $15 and $30 per class, depending on cost of textbook.
• Students taking for audit will pay for notebooks and are strongly recommended to purchase textbooks. The cost of these materials will be between $5 and $30, depending on the cost of the textbook.
Rock University is a program offered by The Rock Community Church in Littleton, Colorado. Upon completion of the required coursework (taken for credit) students will receive a “Certificate” from The Rock.
Any student desiring to learn how to accurately study and interpret the Bible may contact the Dean of Students for a printed or emailed copy of the basic methods and steps involved in scholarly biblical interpretation, taught in many universities, seminaries, and Bible colleges. Please utilize this free resource!
What People are Saying About Rock U
“I am so glad I signed up for this course. The content expanded my foundational beliefs in a way that not only allows me to dig a little deeper, but also explain my beliefs better to others.”
“The section on Historical Jesus really made me look at the Bible differently. Growing up I never thought about the Bible as a historical document. I know it is God’s word, and I believe what is in it, however in my mind I had separated it from history.”
“I believe I am armed now with a new perspective and better answers to just a few of the hard questions.”
“During the length of time I have been enrolled in Rock University classes, I have told everyone and anyone that will listen to me about the program.”