(Please use a checking account whenever possible insuring we receive 100% of your gift.
On credit/debit card, the church is charged a 3% fee.)
Giving and stewardship are important disciplines in the life of a believer. There are many ways in which we can give: through serving and giving of our time, talents and finances. This section of our site is all about financial giving and provides the opportunity for you to contribute online.
WAYS TO GIVE
An easy way to give cash online.
1. Log into your CCB account at www.therockcc.ccbchurch.com. If you have never logged in, click ‘Sign Up’ on the CCB page and create a log in.
2. Click on ‘Give’ on the left sidebar.
3. Select ‘Checking Account’ or ‘Credit/Debit Card’ in One-Time Gift or Repeating Gift. Note: On credit/debit card, the church is charged a 3% fee so please use checking account whenever possible.
4. Write in the amount you would like to give. Then choose what you are giving to by selecting a category from the drop down options (example: General Tithes and Offerings, Impact Building Campaign, etc.) and lastly enter all of your appropriate information and click on ‘Submit’.
Through the National Christian Foundation.
An easy way to accommodate employer matching gifts. You can also donate business assets, partnerships, and commercial or agricultural real estate.
If your employer offers donation matching but not to religious organizations, use The Rock’s Single Charity Fund supported through the National Christian Foundation.
- Name: Impact Colorado Single Charity Fund
- Fund Number: 1474384
To donate business assets, partnerships, and commercial or agricultural real estate, please go to www.nationalchristian.com/forms, select an option under “Make a Gift” and follow the instructions.
We know it’s an option, but please do not use the National Christian Foundation to give cash (unless it is an employer match), securities, or vehicles. If you would like to donate securities please contact Dennis Oehlerts at 720-272-5335. If you would like to donate vehicles please contact Tim Price by calling 303-936-1712 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Donating items directly to The Rock allows us to avoid paying fees.
Please also consider:
- Marketable Securities – Transfer ownership of your stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares.
- Life Insurance – Name The Rock of Southwest as a beneficiary of your policy.
- Planned Gifts – Give via retirement assets, bequests, trusts, etc. as part of your overall personal financial strategy.
To give one of these options please contact Tim Price by calling 303-936-1712 or emailing email@example.com.
It’s amazing the deep connection between how we use our money and our relationship with God. God, throughout history, has worked through people who are generous with their time, money and things. Though it can be very difficult to be generous, there are good reasons to sacrificially give. Here’s a few reasons:
- It shows God that we in fact trust Him.
- Generosity is the pathway to freedom.
- Generosity is evidence of a changed life.
- Our heart will follow wherever we keep our treasure (Matthew 6:19-21).
- Find more at www.generousgiving.org.
How Much should I give?
We don’t believe the Bible lays out a specific amount that we are to give. And though many pastors point to 10% as the tithe, we know that the tithe in the Old Testament was actually closer to 22%. In the New Testament we are also given principles when it comes to giving.
- We should give generously because God first gives generously to us.
- It needs to be an intentional part of our lives.
- It needs to be systematic. We need to decide how often we will give.
- It needs to be generous and sacrificial. It should cost something (not giving also costs us something, but that is another matter).
- It needs to be proportional within the body of Christ. The more God entrusts you with should also dictate the amount you give.
- It is to be our first and our best that is offered.
Is God teaching me through my giving?
“…Doing this will teach you always to fear the LORD your God.” – Deuteronomy 14:23
“The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.” – Proverbs 22:9
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly
or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” – 2 Corinthians 9:7
The giving of tithes and offerings is an indicator of our faithfulness. It’s an opportunity to demonstrate to God your faithfulness and commitment to His work on earth.
How is your giving used at The Rock?
Your contributions not only support the staff to communicate God’s truth to the people of God but to unreached people as well. It also helps provide a place for worship and prayer to God with other believers. The funds also allow us to love and care for one another locally, through outreach programs and worldwide, while spreading the word of the gospel.